Career and Technical Education
Career and Technical Education at
Alpena High School
Our Career & Technical Education programs offer a wide variety of experiences with specific training that will give students an advantage when entering the workforce or post-secondary education. Through several funding streams, Alpena High School Career & Technical Education programs and classrooms have the finest technology and equipment of that found in industry. With our teachers teaching to the highest performance standards, students will earn certificates and credentials like others in CTE programs around the State of Michigan.
It is often thought that CTE is for students that are not going to college or for students who rather take an easier path to a career….THIS IS NOT TRUE TODAY! High skill, high demand, high wage jobs in health care, education, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, agriculture, marketing, business technology, and construction technologies all can start at Alpena High School...but many students will need to continue with postsecondary education
Are You Interested In:
- Hands on experiences related to your interests.
- Specific training opportunities
- An advantage in entering the workforce
- A chance to explore many different career options
Career & Technical Education will teach you:
- Job ready skills in your area of interest
- Skills in high demand jobs
- Preparation for a professional career
Prepare for your future:
- Specific job focused courses
- Experience in your specific field
- Earn industry certifications
- Gain credentials to prepare for your future career
CTE is for EVERYONE:
- All students in Alpena, Presque Isle, Alcona, and Montmorency Counties are welcome to attend.
- Males and females are invited to enroll in any of our programs.
- Students with special needs are welcome and will be accommodated.
- Home schooled and online students are invited to participate