ACES Academy - Alternative Choices for Educational Success
ACES Academy is a small learning community, offering opportunities to grow and change.
ACES Academy offers adult and alternative education as well as community education programs. The alternative education component serves students who have difficulty with the regular program at Alpena High School and prefer an alternative program; the adult education component is for adults who dropped out before earning their high school diploma.
Built in 1967 within the city limits of Alpena, ACES was originally called Oxbow Elementary and operated as an elementary school until it was closed in 1986. The building then reopened as a site for Adult Education in 1986. In 1999 ACES moved to this site.
Students choose to attend ACES Academy because it offers:
- Small class size
- Individualized instruction
- Support for issues that make it difficult for students to succeed in a regular school setting
- Flexible scheduling to meet a variety of needs
- Assistance with job placement
- Wide range of programming times
- Instructors use conceptual, hands-on teaching methods and student-centered learning
|‹ November 2017 ›|
23 Novthru Nov 24
NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving BreakNov 23 - Nov 24District Calendar
7:40-8:45 - 1st Hour
8:55-9:55 - 2nd Hour
10:00-11:00 - 3rd Hour
11:00-11:30 - Lunch
11:35-12:35 - 4th Hour
12:35-1:10 - 5th Hour/Advisory
1:20-2:20 - 6th Hour
Half-Day Dismissal: 10:2
Tue, Wed, Thurs: 3:00-7:00