We are CTE!
Career and Technical Education at Alpena High School
Our Career & Technical programs offer a wide variety of experiences with specific training that will give students an advantage when entering the workforce or post-secondary education. Take a look at the many opportunities available!
All students in Alpena, Presque Isle, Alcona, and Montmorency Counties are welcome to attend. Males and females are invited to enroll in any of our programs. Students with special needs are welcome and will be accommodated. Home schooled and online students are invited to participate in Career & Technical Education programs! Check with your high school counselor for registration details.
Core Performance Indicators
- Alpena High School receives federal funds through the The Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act, Public Law 105-332 through the Office of Career & Technical Education in Michigan.
- Perkins dollars are allocated for the entire region based on participating districts and specific activities are allowed to enhance the Core Performance Indicators below.
- Improvement plans for a region are required when CPI’s do not meet state required measures.
- CPI information for each region, CEPD, and building is available for public review.
With our CTE programs you can:
Earn College Credit
Visit nemi-earncollegecredit.com to learn more!
Earn Industry Credentials
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certification
- NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certifications
- State Cosmetologist License
- Nurse Assistant State Certification
Join Professional Organizations
- DECA (Marketing)
- Future Farmers of America
Earn Senior Math Credit
Earn Visual, Performing and Applied Art Credit
Earn Economic Credit (Marketing)