COVID-19 Closure Info
Information & Resources
Please read this important letter from Assistant Superintendent Meaghan Gauthier.
Under Governor's Executive 2020-21, Alpena Public Schools have closed the Administration Building. Employees in various departments are working remotely from home. If you need to talk to someone in a particular department, please call the following numbers:
- Business Office - 358-5000
- Enrollment Office - 358-5025
- Human Resources - 358-5032
- Food Service - 358-5020
- Superintendent's Office - 358-5042
- The district has formulated an approved Continuity of Learning Plan. The plan and the approval document are posted for review here.
- APS Food Distribution - Note this document is updated as needed, so check back often.
- Access to Internet - Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. (Note that this offer is direct from the company and is not affiliated with or supported by APS.)
- Community Wi-Fi Loctions
- 211 - Dial 211 to get help with food, housing, paying bills, family crisis, etc.
- NEMSCA Resources - Get information on local resources and how they have been modified due to COVID-19.
- District Health Department #4 - Track how many tests have been given in this service area.
- If your family has experienced a change in income, you may be newly eligible for food assistance benefits. See this information about the Pandemic EBT Program.
Click to view the latest version of our Frequently Asked Questions. Check back often and we will updated the information to reflect any changes.
Visit our For Students page for lots of resources and ideas to keep students' minds engaged and learning during the closure. Note that all activities are optional. APS is not requiring or assigning any work at this time.
Chromebook Loans Available
If your student does not have access to appropriate technology (such as a laptop or desktop computer), APS will loan a Chromebook to your family for use during the emergency closure. Complete the online Chromebook Checkout Form or call 989-358-5029. Chromebooks can be picked up at AHS on food distribution days (schedule). Please allow 24 hours lead time.
Chromebooks required internet access. If you do not have internet access at home, see the offer from Charter/Spectrum above.